11 January 2007

to: you

Thanks to everyone who still comes here to read. I really appreciate you all. I've resolved a few things, not necessarily for the new year, but just as well.

I am going to start writing everything under a nom de plume from now on. I guess it was pure narcissism that kept me from doing that before, but I need to be careful as I transition from the world of globetrotting on my own handful of dimes to (hopefully) globetrotting on someone's payroll.

So I picked one, and I hope you like it (let me know!) I picked Lucie because I once had a dream that I had a little girl and I named her Lucie, and Peacock is a family name on my mother's side.

Also I have decided to start submitting again, bc I've been scarcely published these past few years. I am going to try to submit a few pieces a month (I know that's not a lot, but its more than the 3 pieces I submitted in the past 9 months).

I hope everyone is having a fab 07.

6 comments:

The Lettershaper said...

I would enjoy you under any name...

B.Dobs said...

I'm so glad you spelled it Lucie. It's so classy.

And we all know you're full of class.

denielle said...

great name. hopefully by lucie peacock's first birthday there will be some newly published work to celebrate.
and i really loved that last poem, by the way. "2007 minutes in heaven" . . . perfect

Ashley said...

i am reading it!

i have been lazy with blog since i have had a friend visiting from out of town but will be back soon

i have never been published. i have only submitted once. i need to submit too!

Bebe said...

merci merci for all the comments my dears. :)

hardyf said...

you are charged w/ selling out - how do you plead...?