02 June 2009

his body


A glass of wine
with you
over cheese and
pommes frites at
a place filled
with “such an uptown crowd”
as you put it
was like a
flirting manual out of
some awful women’s magazine
dripping with subscription cards.
She:
Open, towards him
Head tilted
Legs crossed
Leaning in, laughing, touching,
Brushing his knee
He:
Leans back,
Open, strong
Looking right at her
Watching her hand
As it brushes his
Knee
We walked outside to your bicycle
and you hugged me so tight
I kissed your rough cheek and said
‘I’ll call you’
You pulled me close again
And said.... “promise?”
And when you touch me my whole body tingles with anticipation
But I watch as you head back downtown instead of to my bed.....
I like you too much to sleep with you.

2 comments:

katy said...

i should be visiting your blog more often, b. this is beautiful and honest and sexy. perfect combination for a wednesday morning.
xoxo

jessica said...

wow. that is all. just wow.